- Speedy and easy booking process
- Low price best guarantee
- Fully transparent pricing
Questions about this item?
- Ask a question about this item
- Email the item to a friend
Nestled in a lush wetland oasis on the edge of Lake Monroe, the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is a half day family adventure with something for everyone! Stroll among the trees and get a feel for natural Florida while you watch otters swim and black bears play. Stop in our Herpetarium or Insect Zoo to catch a break from the Florida sunshine while you see reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates from around the world. Get up-close and learn about our animals from our dedicated staff during a giraffe feeding, rhino encounter, or Keeper Chat. Enjoy a delicious meal at Sonny’s Q at the Zoo, and definitely don’t forget your bathing suit to hit up the Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground! Search for butterflies and caterpillars in the gardens located throughout the Zoo. Complete your Zoo visit with a souvenir from the ZOOfari Outpost Gift Shop. After going wild at the Central Florida Zoo, be sure explore the rest of beautiful and vibrant Historic Downtown Sanford. We can’t wait until you see and do the Zoo! The Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is accredited by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums, a worldwide leader in animal care and welfare standards and conservation initiatives.
Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is open unless weather is severe, i.e. during a hurricane. Animals will have access to shelters and may not always be visible. Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground is open year-round except when temperatures are below 60 degrees or lightning/thunder is in the area. Central Florida Zoo is an outdoor, family-friendly attraction. Be sure to bring a swimsuit or change of clothes for children to play in the Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground.
* Admission to Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens (Including In-Park Experiences, Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground, and Barnyard Buddies Children's Zoo)
* Giraffe feeding
* Train and carousel
* Food for Barnyard Buddies
* ZoomAir Adventure is a separate company that operates on Zoo property and is not included in daily Zoo admisison
* Food and drink not included